Hello peeps 🙂
Autumnal days are finally here and I couldn’t be more excited about it. I really enjoy these chilly days, cozy nights and snuggly interiors. Plus, if autumn is here it means that Christmas is on its way and if somebody loves Christmas, that’s for sure me. You’ll see, you’ll see. But until then, let’s embrace together the fall.
I know that fall is not everybody’s ” cup of tea ” but there are multiple ways to make your environment, house and heart cozier. And during autumn coziness is all you need. The ” not as great ” parts of fall are the cold nights, rainy days and the early evenings . But if you ask me, I really enjoy those. Even if I had an amazing summer and I loved it, I feel like right now it is time for a break, for a some me time and during chilly days is the perfect time.
If you are trying to embrace these chilly days and you wanna find some tips & tricks to help you feel more at peace with the season, here my top 8 things I like to do or to bring out in autumn.
So without further ado, let’s get into it.
- First thing I like to get out are my fairy lights. If I am being completely honest I keep 1 set of fairy lights on all year around but as autumn starts to settle down I bring them all out. At this very moment I only have just 2 sets on but just because I am trying to wait until we get closer to Halloween and than my house will be covered in fairy lights. Why not ? Nothing calms me better than the warm lights all around the room ( I like the warm light ones the most ). It imediately transforms a normal, plain room in a cozy environment with its own story.
- Next thing on my list are definately candles. Once summer is gone is time for candles, scented ones. There is a big variety of scents on the market so you can chose whatever suits you the most but for me the perfect autumnal candle is a Vanilla/Cinnamon one. Although as I mentioned in my favourites, the one I have been obsessed with recently is my Stephen Cordina Ylang Ylang & Mandarin one. This one is amazing, it has a really strong smell and I could honestly have this lid all day and all night. Once I lid a candle I feel more relaxed and more ready to chill. Everytime I walk in the house and I see a candle it just makes me smile because I love them and the effect they can create.
- If you are more like me and you get chilly very quickly nothing will come more in handy than a big, slouchy jumper. My current choice is the new Sugg Life pink hoodie. I have been waiting soo long so that I can really wear it and now that the time is right I can’t get it of. Is a big, soo soft, cozy jumper with a great value of money. But every other jumper/hoodie will do the job. You just need to make sure you find one that makes you feel warm and comfortable.
- Speaking of getting chilly, a blanket is also the answear. Throw on you a soft blanket or get under a new autumnal bedding and I can guarantee you will instantly be in a much better mood. There is nothing better than new bedding and if it is an autumnal one , better. Lid a candle or turn on the fairy lights and is time for some Netflix. I really enjoy right now every spare time I have during the day to just chill in bed, under my blaket for 20-30 min and watch series. To be more specific right know I am obsessed about Scorpion series, wich if you like intense and captivating stuff you will definately love it. Trust me, even 20 min of chillin’ like that and you will get out of bed/sofa with all your batteries charged.
- Surround yourself with motivational quotes. It is really important fro your brain to be always motivated by something and what will work better than walking around and getting inspired?! I like to keep photo frames or just painted boards around places I walk the most in my house and in front of my bed so I can see them when I wake up. This way, I never forget to stay positive and to try to keep a good vibe.
- House plants are always a good alternative. At least for me they really are. They just fill my house with soo much joy and every time I look at them I remember how amazing life can be and they instantly put a smile on my face.
- Healthy snacks play a very important role in my life at the moment. They help me be on track, providing me all I need in between meals. I usually like to make them myself and the recipe I tend to use is the one for the oats bars with a drizzle of chocolate. Neitherless to say they taste amazing and they fill me with the energy I need especially after 4-5 o’clock. If you wanna see the recipe or you want me to recreate it for you make sure you leave a me a comment here or on social media.
- And the last but by no means least is my cup of tea. My mood can get down quite quickly during rainy and dark days and I am sure I am not the only one. And even if I love coffee, 1 a day is more than enough for me. So when I need something to calm me I reach for a cup of tea, in a Christmas mug. My tea of choice right now is the Rooibos one. I just put it in my infuser and in 4-5 min I have a delicious cup of tea to save me. I also love having one of them before bed, usually a Chamomile one, to make sure I get relaxed and I’ll have the best nigh sleep.
This is it. These are the things that make me enjoy fall even more than I already do. I really hope you liked this type of post and that you found it useful. Keep in mind that this is not paid, these are my personal picks. Make sure you subscribe to this blog if you are interested in more posts like this one. Leave also a comment down below mentioning what you would be interested in seeing on this blog and also check the other posts too maybe you find something that captures your attention.
I’m so happy that you visited my blog, that you read my posts and I hope I will see you again here soon.