HoHoHo peeps ?
I feel I should ask you how are you? How was your December so far? How excited are you for Christmas this year? Or, have you finished your Christmas shopping ? Let me know, I would love to know.
I know I’ve missed one post thins week but in true winter tradition I just got a flu. A bad one, I just layed in bed 2/3 days. So excuse me for that but I promise I will try to make it up to you. Just trust me on this one.
So today I thought I am gonna share with you my top 3 festive drinks I usually choose when we go out, especially this time of the year, with alcohol or without, or I just attempt to re-make when we have friends over during the holidays. If you wanna see me reproduce these just let me know I will for shore make a video on that. You let me know. I personally would love it.
That been said, these are my festive drinks of choice and their recipe ( I’ll make sure to insert a link from where I got them ) :
MAKES 1.5 LITRES
COOKS IN20 MINUTES
DIFFICULTYNOT TOO TRICKY
- 200 g caster sugar
- 6 cloves
- 3 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 2 x 750 ml bottles of red wine
- 100 ml crème de cassis
- 1 whole nutmeg , for grating
- Place the sugar and all of the spices (except the nutmeg) into a large, heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add the bay leaves and use a speed peeler to pare the zest of the lemon and oranges. Add to the pan, slice the oranges in half and squeeze in the juice.
- Pour in just enough of the wine to cover all the ingredients. Place the pan over a medium heat, bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until all of the sugar is dissolved and you have a lovely fragrant syrup.
- Add the rest of the wine and the crème de cassis, then gently heat for 10 minutes, until warm and fragrant. Be careful not to let the mixture boil. Serve hot, with fresh nutmeg grated on top, and mince pies.
DIFFICULTYNOT TOO TRICKY
- INFUSED GIN (MAKES 550ML)
- 2 oranges
- 100 g golden caster sugar
- 4 cloves
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 500 ml Bombay sapphire gin
- 70 ml infused gin , (recipe below)
- 2 slices of orange
- 50 ml Martini bianco
- 50 ml Martini bitters
- To make the infused gin (do this as far ahead as you can), strip the zest from the oranges, then add to a small pan with all of the remaining ingredients, except for the gin.
- Gently bring to the boil, then simmer over a low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until it forms a light syrup. Take off the heat and leave to cool.
- Once cold, pour the the cooled syrup and its infusions into a glass bottle and top up with the gin. Shake well to mix and store for at least a week to infuse. Strain before using.
- To make the cocktails, divide a handful of ice cubes between two old fashioned whisky glasses. Mix the negroni ingredients in a jug, stir well and divide between the glasses.
- 4 cups apple cider, chilled
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
- 2 cups ginger ale, chilled
- 1 can (12oz.) frozen orange juice concentrate
- apple slices & orange slices for garnish
- frozen cranberries, optional for garnish
- or rosemary cranberry sprig for individual garnish, as shown in image
- In a 4 quart container, combine cider, juice, and orange juice concentrate. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Just before serving pour punch into punch bowl and add chilled ginger ale. Garnish with frozen cranberries, apple & orange slices.
I just want to throw this out here : I do not own these recipes or any of these photos. These are just some of my personal choices. Hope you’ll enjoy the post, the new concept and those huge amounts of festive content. Make sure to get excited for the following one, to share your thoughts, ideas or opinions in the comment section down below or on social media. You can also find me on : Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/Tumblr and on Youtube as well. So go over, give it a look and show your love and support. Keep in mind that my post/videos are not paid and that I am only a beginner. That will be it guys. Until Tuesday, have a holly jolly week ? .